Why Chickens?

My photo
NH, United States
Last year, I bought a chicken coop that was made by someone that I love dearly and decided to raise some chickens. Well... we'll see how this quest develops as Spring fades into Summer and the chicks arrive in early June! Check out my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/fbideas for the most recent videos I've posted!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh oh, sprinkler people are coming!

Got the call from our lawn sprinkler company last week scheduling the start of the seasonal turning on of the water! Oops, guess I needed to get more aggressive in asking my husband about planting that Hen House somewhere!

Easter Sunday, we staked out where we want the house to go, and how big a run I think they'll need. House is approximately 8 ft. By 8 ft. And we have staked out the run at 12x16. So, we're ready for them to come and start the system and pray that when we rent the post hole auger we don't hit any of the lines! Now that the outline is there, Anrik Irrigation will be able to adjust the sprinkler heads so I don't end up with a mud hole and damp chickens.

Bob is starting to work with me on this idea. He's still not crazy about it, but at least he's planning on digging holes this coming weekend, and we've identified how many potential days we have to work on getting ready! It's going to be close, but I think we can do it.

I continue to get encouragement from friends who think getting fresh eggs from us is a great idea, and others are starting to save egg cartons for me. When I went into work today, there was one sitting on my desk from a "carton angel"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in the Egg Basket