Why Chickens?

My photo
NH, United States
Last year, I bought a chicken coop that was made by someone that I love dearly and decided to raise some chickens. Well... we'll see how this quest develops as Spring fades into Summer and the chicks arrive in early June! Check out my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/fbideas for the most recent videos I've posted!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Golden Laced Wyandotte - I've ALWAYS loved Gold

Each feather is golden edged in beetle black!  The hens look as if they're starlets dressed in sequined gowns, ready for the red carpet and paparrazzi!

I like the subtle contrast between the gold and the black on these chickens.  They are, like their other sister Wyandottes dependable, energetic and faithful layers.

What more could a beginner want from a flock?

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! Gold is Eleora's favorite color - I wonder if she'll pick this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments in the Egg Basket