Why Chickens?

My photo
NH, United States
Last year, I bought a chicken coop that was made by someone that I love dearly and decided to raise some chickens. Well... we'll see how this quest develops as Spring fades into Summer and the chicks arrive in early June! Check out my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/fbideas for the most recent videos I've posted!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

May is here!

Spring Time is that marvelous time of year that you realize the faster you go... the behinder you get!

I don't know where the time has gone since my last post, but we're headed towards "Chick Day" faster than my brain can get itself around things!

The first weekend in May, Bob rented a "post hole digger" attachment for the tractor and dug all of the holes for the chicken coop platform and the chicken run. 

The house is 8x8 and the run will be 12x16. with a slight offset for a door entry into the run.  The row of center holes is so we can "pitch" the roof downward from the center and maybe cover it with a solid covering if needed for water runoff. 

We've decided to close underneath the platform for the coop with hardware cloth (wire) so they have a shady place to be and the entire run will be filled with 2-3 inches of sand.  Hopefully it will be easier to clean that way, but since this is my first chicken experiment..... we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in the Egg Basket