Why Chickens?

My photo
NH, United States
Last year, I bought a chicken coop that was made by someone that I love dearly and decided to raise some chickens. Well... we'll see how this quest develops as Spring fades into Summer and the chicks arrive in early June! Check out my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/fbideas for the most recent videos I've posted!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Jonathan Greene Corn Gluten

Been busy this month with getting the perennial gardens raked and thatching the lawn with the lawn tractor. Getting this past winter's grass mold stirred up in the wind got my allergies off to a good start . I went to the local Agway and picked up the milky spore so I can put that down in May for the grubs, and found an organic solution to the crabgrass and fertilizer kickoff program. Did you know that corn gluten will stop weed seeds (and grass seeds) from germinating? So, put down what I'm hoping is enough of a layer to retard the weed growth come warm weather. My dog LOVED it!! He thinks I put a snack ALL OVER THE LAWN for him! Lick lick lick, he likes corn! Likely we've had a few days of rain in a row, so it's turned into a liquid and is now feeding the roots instead of the dog. WHO KNEW!! I have to thank Paul from the Paul Parent Garden Club for telling me about the product on Palm Sunday! He did warn me to make sure I got it on BEFORE the chickens came, otherwise they would have the same reaction as the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in the Egg Basket