Why Chickens?

My photo
NH, United States
Last year, I bought a chicken coop that was made by someone that I love dearly and decided to raise some chickens. Well... we'll see how this quest develops as Spring fades into Summer and the chicks arrive in early June! Check out my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/fbideas for the most recent videos I've posted!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Columbian Wyandotte - 2 more for the Coop


Are all chickens this cute when they're sleeping?

The Columbian variety is a more uncommon variety of the Wyandotte, and a wonderful example of American breeding.  These birds are beautiful AND productive.

The Columbian markings are striking: they are clean white birds with black tails and black dotted hackles.  The hens look as if they're garbed in a stole of heraldic ermine, with a black chemise peeking out from beneath their argent gowns!

The hens are hardy, energetic and faithful layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in the Egg Basket