Why Chickens?

My photo
NH, United States
Last year, I bought a chicken coop that was made by someone that I love dearly and decided to raise some chickens. Well... we'll see how this quest develops as Spring fades into Summer and the chicks arrive in early June! Check out my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/fbideas for the most recent videos I've posted!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Silver Laced Wyandotte - An Original Variety

Silver Laced Wyandottes are the original Wyandotte variety, and a wonderful example of American breeding.

Wyandottes have an easy going nature with a heavy body and energetic and faithful layers.

Each feather is silvery white edged in beetle black.  The hens look as if they're ladies dressed for a fancy ball.

Until I saw this variety when I started looking at chickens, I never thought about how small or long each feather could be.  The black edging shows off each feather, one by one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in the Egg Basket