Why Chickens?

My photo
NH, United States
Last year, I bought a chicken coop that was made by someone that I love dearly and decided to raise some chickens. Well... we'll see how this quest develops as Spring fades into Summer and the chicks arrive in early June! Check out my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/fbideas for the most recent videos I've posted!

Monday, July 4, 2011

June 17th - Day Two brings More Paper Towels

All the books I read said to make sure you cover the wood shavings with papertowels the first few days because the chicks won't know the difference between their food and their droppings.  I have to admit that I thought "yeah right", but it's TRUE!!

I do know one thing.... I'll be glad when this phase is over!  It looks good for about 30 seconds and then someone does their business and it's all over except the cleaning up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in the Egg Basket