Why Chickens?

My photo
NH, United States
Last year, I bought a chicken coop that was made by someone that I love dearly and decided to raise some chickens. Well... we'll see how this quest develops as Spring fades into Summer and the chicks arrive in early June! Check out my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/fbideas for the most recent videos I've posted!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day Gift :) Coop Cleaning Day!

Sunday, May 8th, Jodie's family spent the day with us building the frame for the coop and cleaning out the remaining "muck" inside the chicken coop!  It's a crappy job, but someone had to do it :)

Actually, she and I worked together and got it pretty much done while the men worked on the "frame" to go underneath.

The girls played in the yard with Laddy and rode in the tractor bucket when I had to make trips back and forth for supplies.  It was GORGEOUS weather and so much seemed to get done.

Bob and J. Alan engineered the frame and we got it assembled and leveled.  It's a few inches higher than where the coop sits on the trailer, but we'll work through that when we're sliding it across on the "roller" that we're engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in the Egg Basket